First prize for text:
- Free place on an online Faber Academy writing course*
- Arranged and funded by BookTrust, the opportunity to shadow already established authors on school visits
First prize for illustration:
- A one-year portfolio membership from the Association of Illustrators, worth £200
- Arranged and funded by BookTrust, the opportunity to shadow already established illustrators on school visits
- A selection of Faber books
All winners will receive:
- Exclusive access to the Faber Insight Into Publishing podcast, an eleven-episode series with advice from professionals across the industry.
- A feature in the FAB Prize Booklet for the year of their entry. This will be shared with agents and other professionals within the industry. First Place, Second Place, Highly Commended and Commended winners will also have their work and a short biography showcased within the booklet.
- Access to industry events and updates via the FAB alumni. Included in this is access to a closed Facebook group for all our alumni.
- Priority spaces on BookTrust Represent workshops.
*Terms and conditions
The free place on an online Faber Academy course can be selected from the following and is subject to availability:
- Masterclass: Plotting
- Masterclass: The Whole Writing Process in One Go
- Masterclass: Editing
- Masterclass: Synopses
- Masterclass: Planning and Writing the Mirror
- Masterclass: Setting
- Masterclass: The Idea of Pace
- Masterclass: Coming at Character from All Angles
- Masterclass: Triangles and Squares in Fiction
- Masterclass: The Idea of Conflict